The 8th International Workshop on Emerging Trends in Software Metrics, held within ICSE 2017 conference (http://2017.icse-conferences.org/), is aimed at gathering together researchers and practitioners to discuss the progress on software metrics knowledge. Motivations for this workshop are the low impact that software metrics have on current software development and the increased interest in research. The goals of this workshop include critically examining the evidence for the effectiveness of existing metrics and identifying new directions for metrics. Evidence for existing metrics includes how the metrics have been used in practice and studies showing their effectiveness. Identifying new directions includes use of new theories, such as complex network theory, on which to base metrics.
The topics of interest include, but are not restricted to, the following:
- New software metrics to assess quality and effort
- Complex network theory and its application to software structure and growth
- Micro-patterns and other code-style related metrics
- Metrics for agile products, processes and teams
- Dynamic tracking of software projects using metrics
- Metrics-based quality prediction
- Metrics related to Cloud Computing
- Software architecture metrics, including service oriented architectures, and their application to software maintenance and evolution
- Quality of Service and Service Level Agreement metrics
- Metrics related to software for mobile terminals
- Metrics for Open Source software products and processes
- Metrics for measuring the security level of software applications.
INSTRUCTIONS TO AUTHORS
We are soliciting contributions in the form of regular papers (7 pages). All papers should be in the ICSE Proceedings format, as required for the ICSE (http://2017.icse-conferences.org/submission-guidelines ).
Papers must be original and not under consideration for publication elsewhere. Authors must clearly explain their position, in reference to the issues raised in this Call. All submissions will be reviewed by members of the program committee and the organizing committee for quality and relevance. Accepted papers will become part of the workshop proceedings and published in the ICSE companion proceedings. Each submission must include an abstract and a list of keywords. All submissions should be submitted electronically in PDF format, following the instructions on the workshop web site:http://agilegroup.eu/wetsom2017.