23 May 2017 – Buenos Aires, Argentina
8th International Workshop on Emerging Trends in Software Metrics
The International Workshop on Emerging Trends in Software Metrics, aims at gathering together researchers and practitioners to discuss the progress of software metrics. The motivation for this workshop is the low impact that software metrics has on current software development. The goals of this workshop includes critically examining the evidence for the effectiveness of existing metrics and identifying new directions for metrics. Evidence for existing metrics includes how the metrics have been used in practice and studies showing their effectiveness. Identifying new directions includes use of new theories, such as complex network theory, on which to base metrics.
The topics of interest in the discussion include:
- new software metrics to assess quality and effort;
- complex network theory and its application to software structure and growth;
- micro-patterns and other code-style related metrics;
- metrics for agile products, processes and teams;
- measuring information exchange among developers using social networks analysis;
- dynamic tracking of software projects using metrics;
- software architecture metrics, including SOA;
- measuring software success using Web-based metrics;
- measuring documentation, Web sites and other information related to projects;
- metrics-based quality prediction.
- Metrics for measuring the security level of software applications..
- Metrics for Open Source software products and processes.
- Metrics related to software for mobile terminals.
- Quality of Service and Service Level Agreement metrics.
- Metrics related to Cloud Computing.
- NEW: Application of Software Metrics to BlockChain technology