27 May 2019 – Montreal, QC, Canada
2nd International Workshop on Emerging Trends in Software Engineering for Blockchain
The 2nd Workshop on Emerging Trends in Software Engineering for Blockchain tackles once more the challenges of gathering together researchers interested in emerging topics and trends in software engineering. The Workshop’s goal is to gather together practitioners, researchers and people from industry to discuss the progresses on the research and on the practical usage of blockchain technologies and smart contracts, focusing on the application and definition of software engineering principles and practices specific for such software technology, and for the technologies relying on it.
Motivations for this workshop are the ever-increasing interest both in the research community and in the industry on Blockchain and smart contracts principles and applications, being the management of cryptocurrencies the most popular topic. Countries like USA and China are heading the run to exploit all blockchain potential. These novelties call for specific tools, paradigms, principles, approaches and research to deal with it and for a specific Blockchain Oriented Software Engineering (BO SE ) .
This workshop aims at bringing the interest of researchers, practitioners, and people from industry to the current issues and new directions and challenges for blockchain-oriented software engineering and at investigating the need for novel specialized software engineering practices for the Blockchain software sector.
The topics of interest in the discussion include:
- Blockchain-Oriented Software Engineering.
- Blockchain software analysis and re-engineering
- Formal specification of Blockchain behavior
- Agile and Lean processes for Blockchain software development
- Tools for Blockchain software distributed development and community management
- Smart Contracts re-engineering
- Security and reliability in Blockchain and Smart Contracts
- Smart Contract Testing (SCT)
- Blockchain Transaction Testing (BTT) to ensure status integrity
- Blockchain Software architecture, design notation and metamodels
- Applications in Economy and Finance
- Internet of Things
- Notarization Supply chain management Web 3.0 e-commerce, e-health, e-democracy social networks.
 Blockchain Oriented Software Engineering, S. Porru, A. Pinna, M Marchesi, R. Tonelli, ICSE 2017