27 May 2018 – Gothenburg,Sweden
1st International Workshop on Emerging Trends in Software Engineering for Blockchain
The Workshop on Emerging Trends in Software Engineering for Blockchain inherits from the past eight editions of WETSoM (Workshop on Emerging Trends on Software Metrics) the challenges of gathering together researchers interested in emerging topics and trends in software engineering. This year the attention of organizers particularly focuses on a new emerging fields of research in a software technology whose powerful wide-spreading is disruptively invading academy, industry, finance and media: the Blockchain software technology.
Motivations for this workshop are the outstanding increased interest in software communities, in the academy, in the industry, in the finance and in the media of the new emerging software technology of the Blockchain, for which some observers are even talking of the dawn of a new era, with the potential of reshaping the current financial services technical infrastructure. This workshop aims at bringing the interest of researchers, practitioners, and people from industry to the current issues and new directions and challenges for blockchain-oriented software engineering , and at investigating the need for novel specialized software engineering practices for the Blockchain software sector.
The International Workshop on Emerging Trends in Software Engineering for Blockchain, aims at gathering together researchers and practitioners to discuss the specific issues that this new technology raises with respect to software engineering.
The topics of interest in the discussion include:
- Blockchain-Oriented Software Engineering.
- Blockchain software analysis and reengineering
- Formal specification of Blockchain behavior
- Agile and Lean processes for Blockchain software development
- Tools for Blockchain software distributed development and community management
- Smart Contracts reengineering
- Security and reliability in Blockchain and Smart Contracts
- Smart Contract Testing (SCT)
- Blockchain Transaction Testing (BTT) to ensure status integrity
- Blockchain Software architecture, design notation and metamodels
- Applications in Economy and Finance
- Internet of Things
- Notarization Supply chain management Web 3.0 e-commerce, e-health, e-democracy social networks.
 Blockchain Oriented Software Engineering, S. Porru, A. Pinna, M Marchesi, R. Tonelli, ICSE 2017