The Agile Group is a research group working on software engineering, and modeling and simulation techniques at the University of Cagliari, Sardinia, Italy.
It is one of the first research teams in the world working on agile methodologies for software development, and organized the first world conference on Extreme Programming and Agile Methodologies in Software Engineering – XP2000, in Cagliari, on May 2000.
Other activities of the group are Modeling and Simulation of Complex Systems including economic and financial systems,Discrets Events Simulation and Linear Optimization.
Main Fields of Competence:
- Software Engineering and Agile Methodologies
- Quality Software Certification
- Analisys, Design and Devolopment with Object Oriented Approach: languages and framework for Java, Smalltalk, Ruby and other
- Product, Process and Resources metrics
- Theoretical model for software development based on Complex Graph Teory
- Business models and open source software evaluation and migration methodologies
- Complex sistems modeling and simulation, in particular economic and financial systems
- Events Simulators
- Nonlinear optimization
You can find detailed information about the main the research areas and activities of the Agile Group on Anagrafe Research (FlossAR) of the University of Cagliari.